Teenage Saga: Fashion Diaries
One thing synonymous with teenage is “Woes” right from problems related to acne, boyfriend, buddies, peer pressure and god only can understand hormone changes with mood swings. While these things make up for beautiful memories later in life, having the latest fashion by your side can help you sail through these trying times. So all you teens out there, fret not! The latest guide to a ‘trendy you’ is now available for your eyes.
First mantra to remember – Never forget your unique style in the frenzy of following fashion trends blindly. Build on your fashion enthusiasm by blending trends that work for your personality and help elevate your confidence.
Let’s begin. Teenage closet this season is incomplete without lighter fabrics and patterned dresses. Have fun with all types of prints ranging from optical, floral, geometric, Aztec, chequered and anything that catches your fancy. Part your ways with earthy and neutral shades and make colour your best friend. You can sparkle in neons, pastels and even the bold black and white. And yes if you don’t like dress up, t-shirts with stripes and athletic touch to your clothing like suit shirts and white sneakers will keep you with modern times without compromising on your fashion values. Comfort, colour and flirty fun should dictate your fashion choices.
Among teen celebs, Emma Watson has rooted for ethical and conventional fashion which can be worn in class too. Shirt dresses, grey blazers, knitted dress sweaters, skater dress/skirts, edgy bomber jackets are some ideas you can play with this season. Your love for denim can be banked the most, with tons of denim in all shapes and sizes hoarding the flea markets and top fashion brands. Denims ranging from cropped tops, high-waisted jeans, acid wash denim and wide leg pants make a royal return.
Quick tips to Remember:
- Don’t go overboard with skin show. You have all the years ahead to do that. Just show the right amount of tummy while wearing crop tops. If you itching to stand out, go for cut-out shoulder option which is chic and safe
- Go for stripes while wearing t-shirts, pants, sneakers, knee length stockings/knitted socks or even while carrying that all purpose backpack
- Include fun of 90’s with wide leg pants, palazzo, combat boots and fun bowler hats
- Graphic and screen tees are super rage to flaunt your favourite images and sayings
- Studded or embellished jackets, vests, tops and footwear will satisfy your hunger to be a rock star and bang your head to glory
- For the little flirty in you go for high-low hemlines to make a unique statement
- It’s ok to be punk sometimes; Neon pop colours in your nail art or as small accents in your footwear or bags will bring your sunny side up
- Play easy with makeup. You don’t want to spoil the teen innocence and glow with too much lipstick or powder. Lip balm/gloss, peach and pink blush, pencil eyeliners are better options.
- Accessories can be inspired for animal kingdom and everyday things which are fun to wear and not too elegant or high class. Belts, bracelets, long neck pieces and ribbons are better choices over clutch, big earrings or heavy bangles
Look at the fashion diaries of Taylor Swift, Keke Palmer, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez for quick snapshot on teen style and our promise is that you won’t be disappointed. Be modern, be beautiful, be you!