Taking care of whiteheads
Whiteheads are a form of acne that typically appears on the skin as small, round, white bumps. This type of acne is caused when skin oil secretions and dead skin cells clog the pore area and block the pore opening. They usually take on a white or yellow colour. Whiteheads are more common with the people who have oily skin. Whiteheads are formed of pimples and blackheads; they are caused by clogged pores. Don’t pop your white heads with your hands, because it causes pimples, infection and even scarring. If whiteheads appear on your skin don’t worry, you can remove those whiteheads successes by following these tips. Prevent blackheads by following simple methods:
- Wash skin gently. Scrubbing, especially with an “exfoliating” sponge or washcloth, can actually make your whitehead problem worse because it irritates your skin. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that you just use your fingertips and wash with a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner. Massaging the soap into your skin with your fingers will still provide a deep clean.
- Wash your hands before you touch your face: Do not touch your whiteheads / blackheads / acne. Dirt / Bacteria / Germs on your unwashed hands can aggravate your whiteheads problem. If you must touch your face then wash your hands first thoroughly with antibacterial soap.
- Avoid certain skincare products. Skincare products such as astringents, masks, toners, and exfoliating soaps can actually irritate your skin and make it more prone to developing whiteheads.
- Exfoliating / Scrubbing: Exfoliate at least once a week. Exfoliating is simply a gentle scrubbing of your skin. Use a facial scrub according to your skin. Exfoliating is a must to get rid of whiteheads, as it helps in removing dead skin cells that clog your pores. To exfoliate your skin more effectively, it is recommended you steam your face before exfoliating to open up your pores.
- Mask: You can use a clay mask. It is helpful in removing most dead skin cells. Alternatively, you can use home-made thick paste of baking soda and water. Apply it over your face, let it dry and thereafter wash your face thoroughly with water.
- Remove makeup every night: Makeup clogs your pores and contributes to occurrence of whiteheads / blackheads / acne. Remove makeup with a good cleansing milk or baby oil and wash your face every night before you sleep to let your face skin breathe.
But whiteheads always turn up even after how much you try. So following methods can help you get rid of them:
- Apply tea tree oil to the skin to fight whiteheads naturally. Use a product containing at least 5% tea tree oil. Saturate a cotton ball with the oil and dab it on the affected area once a day. Although it may take longer to work (approximately three months), studies have shown that tea tree oil is as effective over time at fighting inflammation as benzoyl peroxide but has fewer side effects.
- Corn-starch and vinegar to get rid of whiteheads. Whiteheads are the result of clog pores so what we are going to do is using a simple remedy consisting of corn-starch and vinegar and I’m pretty sure that all of you have this in your home. Since whiteheads are a type of acne we are using the corn-starch because it helps to absorb the excess oil, next we are using vinegar because it helps to exfoliate your skin and treats the acne.
- Rice powder Scrub to get rid of whiteheads. Rice powder has great exfoliating properties, it helps to brighten skin tone, remove blackheads, whiteheads. Milk will help to reduce skin’s pigmentation and results into lighter skin tone and remove whiteheads.
- Lemon Juice. Being rich in alpha hydroxy acids, lemon juice helps exfoliate the skin and also facilitates cell regeneration. It also helps get rid of excess oil due to its astringent properties.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply the juice on your face.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
- Do this daily before going to bed. Continue for at least a few months.
Despite claims to the contrary, skin-clearing products don’t work overnight. It can take 6-8 weeks to see improvement, and up to 6 months to get really clear skin. Be patient and keep up your skincare regimen.