REMOVE TAN FROM FACE
With the onset of summers all we can do is to worry about sun tanning whenever we step out in sun. Sun tanning is dreaded in India more because of the skin darkening and least for the sun damage that is caused to the skin. Sure enough, some tan is good, but too much of the Sun could give you such a dark tan that you wish you had never ventured out in the first place. Overexposure to the UV rays can give you blisters. The sunscreen is not going to save you if you are spending hours out there. There are several de-tanning and anti-tanning skin whitening facials but that is also true that those can be quite expensive. This is why once can always go for herbal methods or home remedies to remove the tanning with this de-tanning face packs and mask.
Sun tanning happens as the skin melanin levels goes up which causes skin to get darker in appearance and complexion. But why the melanin production boosts when we are in the sun. This is actually to help the skin protect from damage and for presenting the skin from skin cancer. So, the more sun exposure you get the more melanin is produced. Here are some face packs that you can prepare yourself at home. Remember, as mentioned before, the ingredients you need are all natural, and won’t cause any side effects. That’s certainly good news. You will also be happy to know that most of these ingredients are available easily.
- Tomato and curd de-tanning face mask. Take 1 teaspoonful of curd in a small bowl and cut a medium sized tomato and squeeze the juice of half tomato in the curd. You can use the rest of the tomato for salads or in dishes as there is no need to waste any food item. Then, mix the curd and tomato juice. Apply this face mask evenly on the skin and leave for 30 minutes. Wash the face with normal water. This takes off the sun tan and brings back the natural colour of the skin. This can be tried 3 times in a week for best results for all skin types.
- Turmeric powder, yogurt and honey face pack-Turmeric powder is best known as an antiseptic agent. It helps in relieving the pain and serves as a disinfectant in cuts and burns. Yogurt and honey, is one of the most moisturizing agent that helps the skin to retain its elasticity and suppleness. This pack helps in retaining the moisture of the skin in the summer season when the dry skin is subjected to dehydration.
- Squeeze half a lemon and in that juice add some rose water. Apply this on the tanned skin like face and body. Then rinse after 15 minutes. This too should be done daily in the evening. This removes the tan which collects on the skin daily thus your skin will stay tan free and there will not be any darkening.
- Sandal wood and rosewater face pack- is beneficial in cleansing toning and cooling the skin during summer. The paste helps in preventing sun burns and in clearing tanned skin.
Tips for tan free skin (de-tanning the skin):
- Always use sunscreen with SPF 20 at least when you go out in the sun.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water so that the skin stays hydrated and skin doesn’t get parched.
- If possible avoid going out when the sun rays are more direct like between 12- 3 pm.
- Use the de-tanning treatments stated above either the daily one or the ones that you should do 3 times in a week.
- Use lip balms with SPF to prevent lips getting sun damage.