Palazzo pants are super wide-leg, loose, flowing pants that were super popular back in the ’60s and ’70s. As most trends tend to do, palazzo pants have recently made a comeback… a pretty big one. Palazzo pants are a bold look, which can make them intimidating, but you can pull them off! These wide-legged, flowy bottoms were a big hit this summer and seem to be growing even more popular on the fashion circuit this season. Contrary to popular belief, they do not make you appear bigger but are in fact very flattering and help your hips and thighs look slimmer while elongating your legs. There are countless ways to style these easy, breezy wonders. You’ll be surprised at just how versatile they are and can be worn for all types of occasions. Be comfortably chic with these tips on how to wear palazzo pants.
- Wear a lace shirt with your palazzo pants for a pretty, feminine look. Some girly goodness is sometimes all you need to boost your spirits. Bring out your feminine side with dainty tops in lace or floral prints. A stylish clutch and some pretty wedges are all you need for that lady-like charm that no one can resist.
- Do some light layering with a denim vest over a tank top. Palazzos are a great choice for a girl on the go. Not only are they ultra-stylish, but are super comfy which is perfect for a long day. Pairing your pants with a bright tank and a chic blazer or denim vest in a contrasting bright colour or in simple black is an ideal city girl look. Cute flats and a stylish tote or an over-sized clutch to stash your daily essentials in are the best accessories for an urban style.
- If your favourite palazzo pants have a bold print, go for a solid coloured top to balance your look. Likewise, since they don’t offer much shape or structure, wear a more form-fitting top. For high-waist palazzo pants, try a crop top to accentuate your waist.
- Girly Glam. You can turn to these comfy pants for a dressy night out as well. All you need is a little sparkle. Pair them with a sequinned top, some killer stilettos and a pretty clutch. Finish off with a red pout and you’re ready to take on the night.
- Wearing Palazzo Pants with Shoes and Boots. For a fun, summery look, it’s hard to go wrong with a cute pair of strappy sandals. If you want to add height and shape, wear wedges or block heels with your palazzo pants.
- Wearing Palazzo Pants with Accessories. From necklaces and sunglasses to hats to scarves, pick accessories that offer plenty of contrast to add even more expression to your look. We love floppy hats, chic scarves, and unique jewellery.
Apart from these concerns about how to wear palazzos, another concern for while wearing this dress is your frame or body shape. It’s a common myth that shorter women, or those with curves, can’t wear palazzo pants, but nothing could be further from the truth. Naturally, it’s important to choose your palazzo pants outfits carefully so you make the best of your silhouette, but with a little effort, you can make yourself look superb. If you are shorter or curvier, opt for palazzo pants that aren’t too loose or you can easily look overwhelmed, especially if you pick a bold design or bright colour. Be careful to choose a well-fitting top or use light layering to avoid giving a larger impression. Taller women can wear very loose palazzo pants with confidence, but always remember to consider your overall impression when selecting the rest of your outfit.
So why wait any longer? The palazzo pants style is most definitely for everyone and finding the right look for you is just a matter of looking around at what’s on offer and making your choice.