How turmeric can be good for your health
Hiya lovelies! All of you must have heard of ‘turmeric’ or ‘haldi’ as we call it in Hindi. It is common herb used by Indian housewives as a spice for prepping up their food, for skin and as an ailment for cold, cough and fever. Now, Turmeric or Curcuma Longa has a bitter flavor, gentle aroma and is golden or bright yellow color. India has had quite a past with Turmeric as it has been used since old ages as an ailment for the natural remedy, for dying purposes and a spice. It has had quite an impact on the ethnomedicinal or traditional medical system in India.
Turmeric contains important carbohydrates, potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, magnesium, cholesterol, fats, proteins and vitamins like A, D, C and B. Yes, as nutritional and healthy as it sounds, it really is too.
- It has antiseptic, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory elements in it. This is one reason why it is famously known as a remedy for a number of health problems. It can heal cuts, wounds, and burns. Just spread some turmeric paste on the affected area or even the easily available turmeric powder would do the trick.
- There has been a study, which also shows that turmeric can also be helpful in preventing cancer. Turmeric contains curcumin which as research and studies shows that helps in preventing breast, stomach, liver, lung and prostate cancer. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory elements of cancer can provide in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells.
- Turmeric can also cure chronic diseases like diabetes. Researches show that the intake of turmeric in proper amount (As advised by the Doctor) can be helpful in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes. The antioxidants elements of curcumins present in turmeric can be helpful in the treatment of diabetes. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory properties which can be helpful in the growth and prevention of the inflammation caused by diabetes.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease which causes the failure of bones and tissues in the body. Turmeric is a natural way for the treatment of arthritis. It is anti-inflammatory which helps in curing the inflammation caused by arthritis. It also has anti-oxidants present in it which again keeps the joints healthy. The regular intake of turmeric can help in the treating the joint pains and inflammation caused by arthritis. Just mix a ½ teaspoon of turmeric into warm milk and drink it at night. Even the application of turmeric paste onto the affected areas can help in the treatment of joint pains.
- Apart from these diseases, the regular intake of turmeric milk can also boost up the immunity system. Turmeric has antibacterial, anti-oxidants elements present in it which act as a strong defense system for your body against the environmental pollutants like infections, seasonal cold, viruses, and flu. It is also a quick home remedy for cold and cough. Just mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in your milk before going to sleep and you will find yourself healthier sooner than you expected.