How to Style the Right Earrings to Your Face Shape
With the arrival of spring, it’s time to accessorize, have some fun and highlight your best features. Choosing the perfect earrings adds a finishing touch to any outfit.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right style of earrings for your face type:
- Long, Thin Face Shape
- If you have a long thin face, medium-size and large earrings will give an impression that your face is wider than it is.
- Bold studs or wide hoops which create some movement would be a great choice.
- Post earrings with combination of silver or gold-fill with gemstones also go well for an everyday wear.
- If you want to create a delicate glamorous look for a perfect date or night out, go for studs with cubic Zirconia or crystals.
- DON’T go for long and narrow dangling earrings or thin hoops as they will emphasis the length of your face.
- Square Face Shape
- Rounded deigns that soften the cheekbones and jaw line are most suitable for the square shaped face. The best choices are dangling pieces and hoop earrings.
- Teardrops or plain silver earrings with medium-size round gemstones are also a safe choice.
- When choosing dangle earrings look for pieces with elongated curves. The idea is to accentuate the cheekbones and add softness. Dangling earrings with a flower, heart or circular shape will achieve balance and have a flattering effect on the face.
- DON’T experiment with large square or overly round earrings as they tend to create the illusion of a wider looking face.
- Heart / Diamond Face Shape
- When choosing earrings for a heart-shaped face you should look for pieces with elongated lines and curves. Pieces with elongated curves will help you to balance out the face and will draw attention to your eyes, cheekbones, and jaw line.
- With this type of face you will particularly look good in dangle, teardrop, and chandelier earrings. Choose chandelier earrings in diamond shapes to add an interesting contrast to the face.
- AVOID large or round button earrings which can draw unwanted attention to the width of your forehead. Very delicate and small earrings may also cause an asymmetric look on your face.
- Round or Full Face Shape
- Think long! Elongated, narrow and oval earrings will provide the perfect contrast to the natural shape of your face without making it look any wider.
- Dangling earrings with gemstones, crystals or pearls of different sizes is a great choice. Dangling spiral earrings or with geometric-shaped links will also serve the purpose and compel others to focus on your best features.
- It is almost always best for women with round faces to choose earrings of a thin to medium width.
- KEEP AWAY from post earrings, wide hoops or short dangling earrings.
- Oval Face Shape
- Ladies with oval-shaped faces look good in almost every style of earrings.
- However, if you have this type of face you can create a particularly striking look by wearing oval-shaped dangling earrings. These earrings will draw attention to the face’s elegant shape without adding any width or length.
- You will also look stunning when wearing teardrop earrings. Much like oval dangling earrings, these pieces accentuate the face’s natural shape and create a sense of symmetry or balance.