Hair fall is one of the most common problems we face today. It is common to all the individuals of both the genders, except with the ones with no hair (pun intended). Nowadays, hair-fall has become one of the most common problems for both men and women, this is due to the adoption of an unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, stress, poor diet, hormonal changes and usage of detergents. These are considered to be the main threats and in order to have a strong hair, we need to maintain a natural diet for healthy hair and also reduce the usage of chemicals on our hair. It is said that hair is your health barometer and if you’re seeing more of it on your pillow or in the shower, there’s no need to ring any alarm bells. Losing about 100 hairs on a daily basis is a common occurrence. It happens when you comb your hair or even when you just do nothing. But new ones grow and replace them.
Hair fall can be caused by a number of factors. This include:
- Physical or emotional stress
- Inadequate protein intake
- Hormonal changes
- Prolonged illness
- Deficiency of vitamin B6 and folic acid
- Thyroid diseases
Easy home remedies to control hair fall, boost the hair regrowth:
- Don’t you remember your mothers running after you to get your hair oiled? It is indeed a very good remedy and easily done for hair fall. Massage the scalp daily at least for few minutes with lukewarm oil. You can use any oil that is rich in Vitamin E. Coconut oil, almond oil, mustard oil, olive oil and jojoba oil are the best options at your hand.
- AMLA (Indian Gooseberry). Boil the dried Indian gooseberries in coconut oil till the oil turns black. Wait for it to cool, and then massage your scalp with this oil. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, and then shampoo as usual. Amla is rich in vitamin C, a nutrient essential for the growth and strengthening of hair. Vitamin C also helps build collagen that is vital for hair growth. Apart from this, vitamin C also helps absorb iron, thereby keeping your locks strong and healthy. Amla also helps prevent premature graying of hair.
- FENUGREEK (Methi seeds). Seeds of fenugreek are rich in hormone antecedents that help in hair growth and repairs hair follicles. Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind it in the next morning to make a fine paste. Apply this fenugreek seed paste to the scalp and hairs and let it set for 30 minutes to one hour, covering your hairs with a shower cap so that it does not get dry. Rinse off with plenty of water, no need of using a cleanser or shampoo. Follow this process of treatment at least twice a week for a month to see effective results.
- ALOE VERA. Usage of Aloe Vera can effectively reduce scalp problems like flaking and itching. The mildly alkaline property of Aloe Vera helps in restoring the natural pH level of the scalp which promotes hair growth. Aloe Vera gel can be effective even for fighting dandruff. Take an Aloe Vera leaf, collect the pulp and apply it to the scalp and hairs. Leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour and wash off the hair with plenty of normal water. Follow this treatment for 3 – 4 times a week for better results.
Steps you can take to further take better care of your hair:
- Be mindful of what you eat – bad food habits coupled with stress will result in hair loss. Eat a balanced diet.
- Rubbing wet hair vigorously will lead to breakage. Avoid brushing wet hair for the same reason.
- Don’t tie your hair tightly all the time as it puts pressure on the roots and causes hair to fall.
- Heat in any form is bad for hair. Hot water, hair dryers, and hair styling tools dry out the hair. Limit the usage.
Preventing hair fall is very easy with certain precautions kept in mind!