DE-TAN YOUR HANDS
Glowing skin always looks great, doesn’t it? But most of us become victims of suntan. Sunshine is the time to enjoy on the beach and parks with friends and family. Despite all the fun and enjoyment in the sun , by the end of the day most people are left with ugly and unattractive marks of sun tan on the body , which become difficult to get rid of. Your hands are not as bright as the rest of our body, and that adds to our woes. Your hands may get tanned due to different reasons like you may work with harsh chemicals day-in and day-out, get exposed to UV rays constantly, play sports that may get you involved in murky, dusty environment, getting exposed to polluted environment or even neglect to clean hands constantly. In this way your hands get tanned and losses its original colour and beauty.
Ever wonder if you must go for expensive treatments to bring back your lost beauty? The good news is, you don’t have to! With the available resources right within your homes, you can treat suntan. If you are wondering how, then keep reading.
- If you have mild tanned skin then rub some peeled potato skin on the tanned skin. You can apply raw potato juice for instant relief.
- Baking Soda Paste – Mix baking soda and water into a paste and use it to scrub the tanned area. Do it every alternate day for 2 weeks to see a noticeable change.
- Vinegar and Water – Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Soak your hands in the solution for about 5 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and notice the change.
- Honey & lime juice as anti-tan. Prepare a mixture of honey and lime juice and apply it on the affected area. Leave the solution on your hand for 10 to 15 minutes. And then wash it off with cold water. Remember to pat dry the hands gently with a cotton towel. This will effectively get rid of sun tan from your skin.
- Lemon, Rose Water and Cucumber – A mixture of lemon juice, rose water and cucumber juice is very effective to fade suntan. Lemon juice containing citric acid helps fade the tan while cucumber and rose water act as cooling agents.
- Almond Paste – Soak a few almonds overnight and grind them the next morning. Mix equal quantity of milk cream to the paste and apply it on the affected area to make the skin fair.
- Curd and Lemon Juice – Add equal amounts of curd and lemon juice to a teaspoon of multani mitti. Apply the paste gently over your hands. Leave anti-tan mixture for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Turmeric and raw milk. You can also add one tablespoon of turmeric powder and lime juice in raw milk. Mix it well and then apply the mixture to the tanned area. Allow it to dry by leaving it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It will treat the tanned area on your face. You can constantly apply coconut water to your hands and let it dry. For faster and more effective results you can apply this solution more than once in a day. It is best remedy to get rid of tan naturally from your hands.
There is a minimal chance of any side-effects as the natural remedies do not contain any harsh ingredients. However, homemade solution can take longer to lighten tan but makes your skin brighter over time. If you are looking for remedies that work faster, you can use department store or drug store creams with more-potent ingredients. But, they do carry risks such as skin dryness and irritation. So, be careful when using methods to fade a tan as they can be irritating to sensitive skin.